Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Salt Lake City
You know you have to safeguard your home. After all, it offers shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home defense? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief choices you will make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Salt Lake City and see what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system connects to an external monitoring team that is set to act at any moment. Whenever a window sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents are issued a warning instantly. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and send the appropriate first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional backup. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you must respond to remedy the situation. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Salt Lake City
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup at the ready is always a good choice. If you are away from home, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your residence and those inside will still be watched over.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react more quickly to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may entitle you to a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Top-of-the-line tools and seamless integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security expert, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be superior to what you will find on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Many residents would prefer to have the install taken care of by qualified professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation will be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Salt Lake City
Here’s a short breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: DIYers could consider this a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an installation expense. Other residents may wish to use a professional.
- More Flexibility: You may install devices when you desire - and from any manufacturer. However, you could find incorporating into a seamless system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If an emergency unfolds, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t get a security alert? This circumstance equates to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No support setting up the system: If you require a helping hand during the install, you might have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Salt Lake City
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Salt Lake City from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the right option for you. Dial (801) 895-2509 today to get started.