Home security cameras can simply be placed as a hindrance—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with a number of additions all built to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detection, these additions help you to get the most from security cameras in Salt Lake City.
How To Set Up Your Salt Lake City Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing your devices in the best places within your home. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or family room. It’s also a great move to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity may reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device location is only the beginning in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Salt Lake City. The features described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant alerts on your phone the instant abnormal activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when activity is discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to film and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with guests via the camera. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that can pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Salt Lake City is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (801) 895-2509 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.