How Does Geofencing In Salt Lake City Enhance A Home Security System?
Modern residential security options are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to complete basic security duties like arming your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to remember doing these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Salt Lake City, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Salt Lake City For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your property, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices take advantage of to interact with each other. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all devices onto one, unified network. You can institute a virtual “fence” around your home and program particular actions as you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, when you leave your premises, you could set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are a handful of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices like speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home security system in Salt Lake City. When you download the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that all act in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Salt Lake City
Whether you’re looking for extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (801) 895-2509 or complete the following form to get started on your ideal security system.