What do you want in a baby monitor in Salt Lake City?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You place a component with a microphone on a table next to the crib, which transmits an audio feed to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. For instance, today’s monitors now include high-definition video feeds and 2-way communication. You can even connect many monitors to Wi-Fi so you can move around all over the house. The top baby monitors in Salt Lake City are so sophisticated that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both features and price.
Should you switch baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and home defense cameras incorporate many of the same features, you have numerous residents in Salt Lake City linking their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- specifically if you’re upgrading to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should have at least 1080p HD resolution, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● Two-way talk: Sometimes, you don't need to go to the nursery to quiet your baby back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word might be the only thing needed to keep your little one peaceful and resting.
● Sensors and alerts: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system continuously watch your baby sleep, your attentiveness may start to lag. But if your camera identifies unusual activity, it can be programmed to send a text alert to your mobile device. You will appreciate this when the baby silently tries to climb out of the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the space.
● Recording capabilities: Many baby monitors do not capture video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to transmit a brief sample to friends or family members to show them what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: In lieu of having to lug an external monitor wherever you go, you may now supervise your little one from your smart home mobile app. You can even touch base with your young one and babysitter when you go for a date night.